New York State ProMark Testing
New York State has restrictions on lab testing for all specimens originating from the state of New York. Laboratories must either be licensed, or receive approval from the New York State Department of Health for each individual test, prior to performing testing on samples originating from the state of New York.
Metamark has currently applied for, though not yet received, our New York State Clinical Laboratory Permit for ProMark.
Until we receive our New York State Permit, to perform ProMark testing using specimens from New York State, please follow the directions below:
- For each specimen, please complete and submit this “New York State Non-Permitted Laboratory Request Approval Form”
- You may fill out the form electronically and print, or print first and complete by hand
- Please fax each completed form to the New York State Department of Health at 518-449-6917 (also listed on the form)
- See detailed instructions, as needed, for completing the form
- The New York State Department of Health will respond in writing to you for each request form
- Once approved by the New York State Department of Health, please submit the Approval Form to Metamark, along with the test requisition when shipping each specimen for ProMark testing
At such time as we obtain our New York State Permit, we will be able to receive and test specimens without prior approval from the New York State Department of Health, and will notify all of our customers in New York State.
- Contact your Metamark Sales Representative
- Contact Metamark Client Services at 877-743-3338
- For specific questions about the approval process, contact the New York State Department of Health Clinical Laboratory Evaluation Program at 518-485-5378